Dementia Care in Bourne House Nursing Home Surbiton
At Bourne House Nursing Home, we understand the unique challenges faced by people living with dementia. We offer person-cantered care that meets the individual needs of all our dementia residents and support to their relatives. Our aim is to ensure each individual can live a fulfilling, happy and dignified life.
The Future Care Group is working with the University of Worcester’s Association for Dementia Studies to implement our new Dementia Strategy demonstrating its commitment to providing high quality care for all residents living with dementia.
We are a leading provider of dementia care in the Surbiton area.
As with all Future Care homes, Bourne House has Dementia Champions, elected by the Home Manager, to lead our Dementia Strategy. These individuals take responsibility for improving quality and ensuring people within our care homes have access to a full and varied range of activities which support their social engagement opportunities with both families and friends. They also provide advice, as well as practical and coaching support to our in-house team.
We are committed to providing the best care and facilities for our dementia residents. Our approach includes:
- Creating environments that engage people with dementia
- Ensuring our staff are trained in experiential learning and have an enriched level of understanding of dementia progression and outcomes.
- Supporting with ‘Purposeful Days’ and `Moments of Joy`; helping them to retain their independence for as long as possible.
- Ensuring our residents have access 24/7 to nutritionally-balanced drinks, meals and snacks that enable the person with dementia to maintain optimum health.
- Redesigning texture-modified food, including Puree Food Molds, for individuals with dysphagia.
Our other care options offered are